Yummy Cajun Baked Catfish

After carefully perusing the D&W fresh fish display yesterday I chose some interesting looking catfish. I try not to picture catfish in their living state as they are really the ugliest creatures in the lake.  Now you either like catfish or you don't.  I prefer them with Cajun seasonings but usually buy them already seasoned, however, these were not.  If you know me at all, you know that I love to cook and love to try new recipes. Honestly, my husband will eat anything that I put in front of him, so I'm never afraid to experiment.  When I arrived home with my 'catch', I googled 'cajun catfish' and came up with a very tasty recipe that I'd like to share.  This is a Taste of Home recipe, although I found the exact same recipe on another site,  so who knows for sure who really came up with this.  Here is a picture of them coming out of the oven.  They were delicious, there wasn't even a scrap left as my hubby devoured two of the three fish very quickly.



So, if you're in the mood for a fun tasty treat, here is the recipe, and prep time was only about 15 minutes:

CAJUN BAKED CATFISH

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic salt
2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 catfish fillets (8 ounces each)

In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; brush over both sides of fish.

Place fish in a 13 x 9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Bake at 450 degrees for 10-13 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.  Yield:  4 servings  (unless you are living with my husband)

Each 8 oz. fillet equals 146 calories, 12 g fat, 27 mg cholesterol, 941 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein


Hope you didn't mind my little 'favorites' diversion today!

Comments

Post a Comment