Charleston

Since I've dragged all my photos to my desktop, I think it's time to share my great snapshots of Charleston.  Again, as was my goal in Savannah, I concentrated on doorways.  I'm not sure why I'm so intrigued by them.

When we arrived in Charleston we jumped on a tour bus which took us past most of these wonderful homes.  Once we were back at the Visitor's Center we started out on foot and I was able to capture a lot of great pictures.  Here we go!

These pricey, but beautiful sweetgrass baskets were for sale all over town.


The open gate seems to beckon you in.


The closed gate says 'go away'.


Simple but pretty.  I wondered what was lurking in that opening under the porch.


This was a huge home, I absolutely love this round porch.


There's a story about the two staircases.  We were told that a man and a woman must use separate stairs so that the man does not catch a glimpse of the woman's ankles.  Cleavage seemed to be OK though, but heaven forbid she show here ankles!


This is a typical Charleston style home.  Some were run down, other's were beautiful, like these next two. 




This porch was exquisite.


It was unusual to see the screened doors, but very welcoming.


This gorgeous home had a sign on the door.  I mentioned it to another photographer who trekked up the staircase to take a peak.  The home was empty but being renovated.  The ironwork below the porch was beautiful.


These doors were magnificent.



Interesting ironwork.


Lovely.


Beautiful architecture.


Simple but dazzling.

  
This picture reminds me of the picture I took of the apartment building with the variety of colored doors.


So much to look at.


Same home, different angle. 


 Interesting details.


I zoomed in on this building that was about a block away from where we were standing.  


So, that was our trip to the beautiful city of Charleston.  I'd go back again, but I'd plan on spending more than just one day.  

Hope you enjoyed my pics!  Thanks for dropping by my blog today!

Comments