Savannah

It's rare for my husband and I to take vacation time and travel, unless the direction is due north.  We spend many long weekends throughout the year heading north, where the air is cooler, the traffic is calm and our time is our own.  But after a 2 day conference in Atlanta, my husband and I ventured to Savannah, Georgia to explore.  I'd heard that it was a beautiful city and with my love of photography it was a perfect match.  To begin our adventure we took a tour trolley up and down the streets of Savannah, making notes on where we wanted to return to linger.  The weather was not favorable on this trip to the south as we found grey skies and rain drops most of the time.  We were able to get off and on the trolley at our discretion, so we rode back to particular spots where I was anxious to take pictures.  I did snap a lot of pictures, but I won't bore you with them all.  These are just a few of my favorites.  


I was so impressed with all the ironwork that we saw.  These balconies face the water.


My goal was to take pictures of doorways and steeples.  I didn't get too many steeples, but you'll see some of my favorite doorways.


Look at the beautiful ironwork.


Most of these elaborate homes sell for well over $1 Million.


Many homes were attached to each other, no lawns to mow!


The window trim above was made out of iron.  You can easily see the rust from many years of weathering.  This is one of my favorite pictures. 


My husband and I had just walked out of a little shop when we stumbled upon this wooden decor, it was really beautiful.  


OK, I could live here.


I have a feeling that this is a much photographed scene.  It was just a very cool shot.


Lovely!


I noticed that there were gas flames in both the outdoor lantern and the hanging lantern on the porch.  It was such a comforting feeling standing in the midst of these stately homes.


Pretty fancy place.  


This brick wall was covered with the most wonderfully scented Jasmine.  I could have stood here all day.



Peaking inside a private garden through more incredible ironwork.


My husband and I have a lot up north where we keep our travel trailer, the number of the property is 340 so I had to take a picture of this door.  

So, other then the bursts of rain and dark skies, our trip to Savannah was lovely.  I could have walked the streets for hours taking pictures, but we had to make the final trolley pick up back to our car by 4:30.  I will definitely travel here again but will skip the tour and head straight for the residential area with my camera in hand.  

I hope you enjoyed my little tour of Savannah.  I'm having trouble getting myself back into my craft room to create projects for upcoming events.  The weather in Michigan has been sunny and warm and my gardens continue to call my name!  Our home looked abandoned when we returned, the grass was very long and my perennial gardens needed much attention.  Our tulips were all in bloom, and are dropping petals already. I've been working feverishly to get on top of things outdoors but know that sooner or later my itch to create will take over and I'll be back in my craft room again.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will share more pictures of our trip in the near future.


Comments