Mix It Up with Clay and Ink Refills


The first time I tried to use Stampin' UP!'s new Simply Pressed Clay and Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds I struggled getting the clay out of the molds.  Knowing that others were probably having the same results I scanned the internet until I found a couple videos that were very helpful.  My next try at making these cute embellishments was a breeze.  The key was to add a quick spray of Pam on the mold, wipe out any excess, and plop in the clay.  The clay image slid out perfectly.  There was also a suggestion of placing the molds in the freezer for about 10 minutes before trying to pop the clay out.  

To expedite the process at my last class I made a blossom embellishment for everyone.  I encouraged everyone to play with the clay and molds so they could see for themselves how fun and easy it was to create their own buttons and blossoms.  I used the Wisteria Wonder ink refill to add color to the white clay.  After letting the clay blossom dry overnight, it was adhered to the card using Sticky Strip.


The Simply Sketched stamp set is perfect for watercoloring.  I stamped the flower onto Shimmery White Card Stock with Black Stazon.  Then, using an Aqua Painter and markers (scribbled on a clear plastic envelope), this beautiful stamped image was brought to life.



Lovely 3/4" Chevron Ribbon in Wisteria Wonder.



Adding texture to the Wisteria Wonder card stock was easy with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder.

Simply perfect!

Thanks for visiting!

Comments