The Envelope Card


One day a few weeks ago I was searching on the internet for something different then the typical card style and I was reunited with a card made from an envelope.  An idea that I'd used years ago, and decided it was time to bring back.  I also reached into my paper shelf and pulled out a color I haven't used in a long, long time; Perfect Plum.  It's just not a color I really like.  Too similar to lavender.  I have a story to tell about the color lavender. 

 For some unknown reason, I have always remembered that my dad never liked the color lavender.  Needless to say there was never anything of that color in our home while I was growing up.  Because my dad didn't like the color, I adopted his perspective on the whole purple color family and skirted around any color that was even close.  After my dad was gone, and I was married, I came to the conclusion that the only reason I didn't like shades of purple was because of my dad, and because I had a mind of my own and was never one to let someone else determine what I liked and disliked I decided to paint our bedroom lavender.  I didn't stop there, I also purchased a comforter that had big purple and lavender flowers on it.  You probably know what I'm going to say next.  I HATED IT!!!!  It wasn't long before the bedspread was removed and the walls painted another color.  My avoidance of purple and lavender has followed me ever since.

Let's move on to today's project.  I do like Elegant Eggplant (a color I've learned to like), and it was only fitting to add the lighter color for contrast.  When I pulled the Perfect Plum paper off the shelf I actually had to dust it off.  


In class, we trimmed off the flap on the envelope plus about 1/8 of an inch.  Next step was to run it through the Big Shot with the Mosaic Embossing Folder.   The insert that slides into the envelope opening is just a little wider then the envelope so the edge sticks out just enough to grab onto.



A change from the norm, and fun to do.  The gals were grateful for the Secret Garden Framelits.  It was a quick job die cutting the flowers, much faster then by hand!

Thanks for visiting!



Comments

Post a Comment