Fall & Winter Holidays!

I've been surprised lately about the number of customers that have mentioned that they miss reading my blog and seeing all the fun projects that I have at my classes.  Yes, I've been away.  Maybe not physically but certainly mentally.  Truthfully, with all that's out there I never thought anyone would miss my posts!  So, here I am today, coming back after a long hiatus, with projects to share.


Today I'll share projects that I had at my last class, this past Tuesday.  The name of the class was 'It's All About the Holidays'.  And as you'll see, I've covered Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  

This first card, from simplestampin.com, is a great Thanksgiving card.  Here's what we used.
Colors; Delightful Dijon, Rich Razzleberry and Mint Macaron.  Stamp Sets; Suite Sayings and Thoughtful Branches.  Other products; Petals & Paisleys Specialty Designer Series Paper, Kraft Rope Trim, Beautiful Branches Thinlits Dies



This was a fun card to make, designed by Patsy Waggoner, it brought in some cool elements.  Colors; Delightful Dijon, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake.  Stamps; Vintage Leaves, Acorny Thank You, Sheltering Tree.  Other products; Leaflets Framelits, Acorn Builder Punch





This third card really got some chuckles.   Mr. Funny Bones is a great photopolymer stamp set that allows you to let your creativity flow.  Designed by Tami White, I changed out the greeting and added some goggly eyes.  

Colors; Smokey Slate, Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie
I used the awesome Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper and punched it out with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch.  Cute!



Moving on to everyone's favorite holiday, I just love working with Washi Tape, this particular tape is called Warmth & Cheer.  So simple to use and adds a modern twist to your cards.  The Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper deer was die cut using the Santa's Sleigh Thinlits Dies. We tied a small piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine to the deer's neck.  The greeting is from the Wonderful Year  Stamp Set.




Here is the last one, designed by Patti McDermott.  Cute, cute, cute!  The stamp set is from Merry Mice.  The words are from Flourishing Phrases.  Color combo; Crumb Cake, Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler.  The background paper is This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper, a lighter weight paper than our normal DSP.  Great part is that you receive 24 sheets in this pack.  Notice the addition of the burlap ribbon, a loose weave burlap that is so fun to use!


My thanks to all the original designers of these cards.  I add my own personal touch but for the most part the ideas are taken from other great demonstrators on Pinterest.

Thanks for stopping by!



Comments