Another Memorable Christmas Stamp Camp

It's been a full week since our Christmas Stamp Camp.  Again this year I was so impressed with every one's handmade gifts.  I will never get over the diversity in our group.  I think my favorite was . . . oh, I wouldn't do that, they were all my favorites.  I received a wonderful birthday card holder from Chris Chick.  She did an awesome job, with decorative paper on the front and back, and all the months listed inside to keep track of every one's special day.  Each month also had a slot just in case I prepare a card ahead.  Time to get myself organized!

We all had a lot of fun.  A smaller group than usual, which meant there was no waiting, so everyone moved through all the projects smoothly.  Our lunch was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself.  Couldn't have done it without my darling daughter, Kathy there to help.  We started off with a spring salad with pears, feta and toasted pecans.  The salad was drizzled with a tasty dressing made with Cinnamon & Pear Balsamic Vinegar and olive oil. The main course was a turkey breast that I brined with salt, apple cider, fresh thyme and rosemary, then it was roasted and served with a Rosemary and Peach glaze.  Herbed Bread Stuffing with Mushrooms and Sausage and Haricots Vert with Butter and Scallions.  I cheated at the end by serving a beautiful Italian Creme Cake that I found at Sam's Club.  Couldn't resist it.

The projects were all about Christmas.  This first one, my favorite to do, was colored with Wild Wasabi and Poppy Parade markers.  Those two colors seem to work well together and matches nicely with the Real Red layering.  Have enjoyed using the Bells & Boughs stamp set this holiday season, and will be sad to see it go at the end of the Holiday Mini period.



Just loved this next card, and it seemed to be a favorite.  Used a number of different punches.  Brought out the Heat & Stick Powder (which I don't remember to use much) and added gold glitter,  I wanted the piece on the far right to be really sparkly.  Although you can't really see it in the picture, that combination did the trick! 


There were 4 other projects that we completed, and I'll be posting them in the next few days.  Don't want to give you too much at one time!

Thanks for checking in!

Comments

Post a Comment