Christmas Stamp Camp

There's always a special feeling in the air this time of year.  It's a mixture of all kinds of emotions.  Remembrance of Christmases past, and anticipation of upcoming 'get-togethers' with friends and family.  I'm not sure how I got everything done when I was working my full time job.  There's so much to be done, and in such a short period of time.  I feel as if I'm on the downward slope now, having celebrated with my wonderful customers who are also my wonderful friends.  Only one more get-together with good friends, two school programs, a Christmas Tea at BC First, a Christmas Mini-Camp, a concert with the Trans Siberian Orchestra, our church Christmas Concert, then our Christmas celebration with family.  Hmmm, guess there's still much to keep me busy over the next few weeks.

Christmas Stamp Camp was really a great time to celebrate.  After completing all of our projects, and opening our handmade gifts (to a fun story about Nelson and Norman, aka Snow Much Fun), we enjoyed a lunch of Pear & Apple Salad,  Parmesan Smashed Potatoes, Honey & Rosemary Glazed Chicken Breasts, Roasted Carrots, Sour Dough Rolls and a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake for dessert.  No one went away hungry.  After everyone was gone, and everything was cleaned up, I had to put my feet up and take a little rest.  This old body ain't what it used to be!

Here are the projects that we completed on Saturday.  As you can see, there was lots of variety.  The girls are getting so good they just flew through them!



This card used the Christmas Lodge Stamp Set, which can be found in the Holiday Mini.  Time is running out though as it's only available until January 3rd.  It's hard to see in the picture, but there is Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the roof of the lodge.  Wouldn't it be fun to stay here!!


I'm sure you've seen plenty of these cute little treat bags.  The handles make them easy to hang on the Christmas tree.  And the treats inside make them irresistible!


The design for these two cute tags came from Julie Arvin.  I changed the cardstock colors and the designer paper (Frostwood Lodge).  They were really fun to do, and almost too cute to give away!!!  The base of the tag is Stampin' UP!'s Two Tags Die. This tag is the perfect size.


I was afraid that the girls were getting tired of the stocking punch, but I heard a resounding 'no, we love it' when I asked the question.  It uses the Stitched Stockings Stamp Set and Stocking Builder Punch, both items from the Holiday Mini.  This design is by LeeAnn Greff.  Just too cute.


I believe that this is an exact replica of a design I received as a swap, done by Cindy Westerink. Her swaps are always amazing! That wonderful Silver Glitter Paper really adds so much to this stocking.  We added another layer on the back and created an area at the top of the stocking for a gift card.  Wouldn't this look beautiful sitting on a branch of your Christmas tree!  Of coarse this was a project we couldn't have completed without the Big Shot and the two new dies, Holiday Stocking and Stocking Accents.  Stocking Accents was also used above on the tags.


I'm not sure who the designer of this card was, but I made it into another gift card holder.  We just made a pocket for the inside and voila, we have a gift card or money holder.  Nelson was stamped on a piece of scrap paper, then cut out, so it gives him a bit of dimension.  And there is some more of the glitter paper, this time in red, cool stuff!

So that's a glimpse into Christmas Stamp Camp 2011 at Carol's.  Maybe you can join us next year!!!


Thanks for stopping by! 

Comments