Brrrr!

As I peek out my windows this morning I can see all my budding flowers shivering.  It was suppose to get into the 20's last night, which could have been devastating for many of my plants. We'll have to wait awhile to see just how much damage there is.  I covered as many of my tender plants as I could, with sheets, tarps, leaves and pine mulch.  Truthfully I'm not sure what temperature tulips can tolerate, but I have some real beauties that I didn't want to lose, so those got covered.  My Japanese Anemones were up about 8 inches, and those tender plants would have been hurt for sure.  Too cold to venture out into the garden today, so I'm inside, sipping Raspberry Zinger tea and thinking about all my crafting pleasures. 

Today's card was cased from a card designed by Deb Snyder.  The Cereal Box Stencil technique that she used was pretty easy.  A template is cut out of a thin piece of cardboard, the thickness of the boxboard used to make cereal boxes.  With your design cut out you use the outlaying template on the front side of your cardstock, flip your cardstock over and use a stylus to indent your design.  The design will push out to the front of your card creating a border for your next layer.  If you'd like to see exactly how this is done, got to





The colors used here are Pool Party, So Saffron, Basic Black and Whisper White.  The cup is from the Tea Shoppe stamp set.  Sweet!

Thank you for stopping by today!

Comments