A Nice Surprise!

This past fall and winter I had the opportunity to take a couple landscape watercolor classes at the Battle Creek Art Center.  Unlike any other painting class I've ever taken we were pretty much set free to do whatever we wanted.  There was one day though, that all the students were to complete a painting using just two colors.  I mixed up a reddish rust color and used it with a dark brown.  Of coarse just two colors can be many, many colors when you consider full color and then the various stages of watered down colors.  Anyway, it was a fun time and I actually liked what I'd done (that doesn't happen very often).  Long story short, I decided to frame it and take it to the art center for a display they will be having in April of art student's projects.  I was really stepping out of my comfort zone here, but delivered the painting.  Then I ended up going back one day to add a wire to the back (which was required).  I decided to peruse the art center while I was there, and sigh over all the beautiful works of art.  Although I love to do about anything related to the arts, its rare for me to really love what I've done, so I longingly look at the work of others and wonder what in the world is wrong with me.  It's always inspirational, giving me the needed push I need to try harder.   In the back display area there was a display of children's work.  A collection of paintings, chalk art etc. were clustered together and the elementary school that they came from was boldly displayed.  I instantly thought of my talented grand daughter, and sought out the collection from Minges Brook.  Smack dab top center of the cluster was a sweet painting done by ABIGAIL HOMMERDING.  I was so tickled!  And so, today, instead of a paper crafting project of my own I am featuring a work of art by my adorable grand daughter, Abbie. 






Here are all the entries from Minges Brook School.




I'll be back tomorrow with more fun stuff!!!!

Comments