Simply Thankful

Today's project reminds me of a time almost 16 years ago when I went to my very first Stampin' UP! workshop.  I had never heard of rubber art stamps, but was intrigued.  The one thing that I will never forget is the simplicity of that first card.  A single stamp in the middle of white card stock, colored in with chalk.  No layering, no embellishments.  You've probably heard this story before, but I went bonkers!  It was only a short time later that I signed up to be a demonstrator.  Sometimes I think we over do it, we add layer upon layer, and make our creations so elaborate that it really scares away that person that is new to the idea of stamping and card making.  We WOW them, but at the same time we scare them away.  Keeping it simple creates curiosity and interest, and a desire to learn more!

This is a card that I recently sent to a friend.  It's simple, yet chic.  


I did add an extra layer of white card stock so I could distress the edges.


Sometimes, I'm just simply thankful.

Thank you for stopping by today!



Comments