Saturday's Stamp Camp

What a fun, relaxing time we had at stamp camp on Saturday.  We had a smaller than normal group, which everyone seems to enjoy.  No waiting, and no stumbling over each other.  My helper was hard at work in her Grand Rapids store on Saturday, so wasn't able to enjoy all the fun.  We all missed Kathy!  Especially me, I didn't think I'd ever get done washing all those dishes!!!

This project was one of the few cards that I actually designed.  You know me, if I can copy someone's creation and tweak it a bit, I'm much more comfortable.  A little lack of self confidence, possibly? Sometimes card design, for me, is grueling!


This design uses the awesome stamp set Day of Gratitude from the Holiday Mini.  The strip of designer paper is from the Autumn Spice series.  The tone on tone leaves you see on the Cajun Craze cardstock was made with the VersaMark pad.  On the main image, we stamped the leaves in VersaMark on Vanilla cardstock, then carefully pounced pastels over the image. Then we added a few squirts of ink from the color spritzer tool with the Early Espresso marker.  Love those designer brads!  They add a touch of elegance on this card.  I put the brad through a piece of Early Espresso Grosgrain ribbon, then tied a bow with the linen thread right around the brad.  Everyone seemed delighted with this card, which pleased me immensely!



This card was made with lightening speed!!!  The Elegant Lines embossing folder on Soft Suede carstock makes this card just exquisite!  A little Elegant Soiree designer paper near the bottom added just enough color.  The tree, and greeting is from the Contempo Christmas set.  Love the crisp lines of this tree.  We had to decorate the tree though!  So we used the small Basic Rhinestone Jewels. Fun, fun, fun! Probably hard to see in the picture, but they really dressed this card up.  This would make an easy card to duplicate for everyone on your Christmas card list!

Thanks for checking in with me!

Comments