Z-Fold Envelope Album

As I look over my instructions for this album I've decided not to include all the instructions here on my blog.  It's a great project, and we had fun doing this as a class, but the instructions are long and could be confusing and maybe even a little intimidating.   So instead, at the end of this post, I will give you an awesome video tutorial link.  If you'd like a written list of dimensions for cutting, just let me know and I'd be glad to help.


Here's a list of supplies I used:

5 - 6 x 9 kraft open-ended envelopes
5 - 3 x 6 kraft coin envelopes
2 - chipboard pieces, cut 6-1/2" square for the front and back covers
1 pkg. - Designer Series Paper  ( I used Deck the Halls from the Holiday Mini, which is no longer available,
              but any designer paper will do)
Coordinating cardstock
Shipping Tags or make your own (about 2-3/8" x 4-1/4")
Sticky Strip
Snail Adhesive
Paper Trimmer with scoring blade
Hobby blade and mat
Bone Folder
Border Punch (I used Spiral Border)
1-1/4" Circle Punch
Ticket Corner Punch (if you are making your own shipping tags)
Decorative Brads, and a variety of Ribbon
Bind-It-All with 3/4" wires (I think 1" would have worked better)

If you take the time to look at the video, you'll see some differences.  You'll see that she used the Bind-It-All just in the center of the album spine not the full length.  Believe me, unless you are a whiz with the Bind-It-All you want to settle for this center version as it's very difficult to line up for the full length. 

Really a fun project.  Especially for a NON-scrapbooker such as myself.  Here's a photo from Betty, who attended my class.  This is her finished album, I'm lovin' the Newsprint Designer Paper that she used.


Chris hadn't finished her cover here, but you can see that she used the Bind-It-All just in the center of her cover.  And the black and red Love Letters DSP works well on this project.  I think it looks great!


This last one, created by Jean, used Elegant Soiree Designer Paper.  I just love them all!!!!!


I'm sorry that I didn't think to take pictures at my afternoon class, and one of the gals slipped out in the evening before I had a chance to snap a shot of her treasure, sorry Theresa!

Give one of these fun little albums a try!  I'm here to help if you need me!  And I have open-ended envelopes and coin envelopes available if you need them.

Now here's the link for the tutorial:


And as usual, you can shop my online store 24/7 at:





Comments

  1. oops, guess I shouldn't have skipped out of there so fast!
    I love Betty's finished album! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment