Window Sheets

Have you ever noticed an item in the Stampin' UP! catalog, but have no idea what to do with it?  I've seen folks use Window Sheets to make windows in boxes and cards, but today's project shows an additional, and very attractive, way to use these clear sheets.  I found this project on Andrea Walford's website.  She was a Canadian demonstrator who left Stampin' UP! a short time ago.  She has a wonderful site called Paper Crafter's Library.  It has some great videos to help you along in your creative adventures. 

So, lets get on with today's project.

My original plan was to do this project at my next stamping event, but ran into some challenges so decided not to.  I had some trouble with the black ink smearing.  This was one of the new pads, and I'd read that there could be issues with this ink on white and vanilla cardstock.  So, if you've had the same problem, it's not you, it's the ink.  Stampin' UP! is working with the supplier to rectify this issue.  In the meantime, either use an old black pad or Black Stazon.




Stamp Set:  Apothecary Art

Die:  Labels Collection Framelit

Ribbon:  Whisper White Organza




The base of this card is a piece of Window Sheet cut 5-1/2 x 4-1/4.  The base is folded in half, then two pieces of whisper white cardstock sandwich the back side of the fold.  Twitterpated Designer Paper was cut in 1/2" strips and adhered to the front.  I really love the way this looks. 

Thank you, Andrea, for this classy design!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! 


Comments