Happy Birthday Sweet Daughter!

Forty-two years ago, today, I held in my arms a tiny, tiny bundle of love.  She's grown into a beautiful young woman who has become, through our journey together, my best friend.  Today I'm sharing the birthday card that I made for her.  


The designer paper is from Sweater Weather.  I used the new Envelope Liner Framelit to add pizazz to the envelope.  The Lattice Bigz die makes a pretty sweet window into the plaid DSP.  

The greeting is from the Hostess Set Banner Greetings, stamped in Smokey Slate and cut out, then layered onto Tangerine Tango card stock.  I also added a piece of earthy 7/16" trim to add texture.


I worked and worked on the flower, trying to get it wet enough, but not too wet, and squashed up enough so that I could peel the layers of the card stock apart.  I finally gave up and just dried it with the heat gun.  It wasn't quite the look I was going for, but still a pretty little embellishment. I added a little basic gray button tied with a linen thread bow to finish it off.

Thanks for visiting today!

Comments