A Finished Multi-Season Project

The other day my husband casually said to me 'it's knitting season again'.  Now I know that he watches me knit in the evening, pretty much every evening, unless I'm just too tired.  It stands to reason though, that the cooler weather makes us eager to pull out the soft wools for cowls and scarves and the colorful, washable wools for socks.  I, however, am stuck on a project that I've been working on for quite a while.  Saying I'm stuck only explains that I'm determined that I will finish this wrap before starting something new.  Sometimes working with a neutral color becomes just a bit boring, and this is somewhere between taupe and gray.  But as I said, I'm determined, and anxious to put this current project on the blocking pads.  Only about 120 rows to go!

My latest finished project, which I've just taken off the blocking table, is really lovely.  I didn't think I'd ever complete it, that's why I refer to it as a multi-season project.  It's a crib size afghan, in lovely shades of blue and green.  It was made with Cascade's Pacific Yarn, which is a very soft combination of Superwash Merino and Acrylic.  It actually gained some softness after the blocking process.

Here it is on the blocking table.


I love these colors, I never got bored with this one.


Even though this is the backside, the pattern is still pretty cool.


Off the blocking table now, awaiting the birth of a special little one!



Or, maybe I'll just curl up with it on a chilly fall evening!


Hmm, what will my next project be?

Thanks for stopping by today!  Be encouraged to learn to knit, it's such a comforting, and relaxing way to spend your down time.  

Comments