Thinking About Christmas

The chilly temperatures are getting me in the mood to Christmas shop!  Shopping for others seems to be getting more difficult as I spend the rest of the year shopping in thrift stores, antique shops and at flea markets, garage sales, estate sales and auctions.  The frugal shopper in me gets goose bumps when I have to pay retail prices for anything these days.  My granddaughter Abbie is probably the only one that would appreciate a 'used' or 'vintage' gift.  She has been collecting vintage cameras since her visit to an antique store this past spring.  She now has more than she has room for, about 22, but loves them all and eventually wants to add to her collection.  The other days she told me that if she had a house it would probably be filled with 'old stuff'!  That's my girl! 

Today I decided to show you a few of the projects from my Christmas Is Coming Class.  It was a fun class focusing on gifts and gift card packaging.  This first project was made using the Gift Box Punch Board.  Love, love, love this tool!!!  The new Under the Tree Specialty Designer Series Paper is absolutely perfect for these boxes.  Cardstock weight kraft sheets with color print on one side and white printed patterns on the other.  



The Merry Christmas stamp is from Merry Everything.  It was punched out with the coordinating Note Tag Punch.  I fancied it up a bit with Basic Rhinestones and the VERY cool All Is Calm Snowflake Embellishments.



This Santa embellishment is perfect to top a special gift.  Made with the help of the Gift Bow Bigz L Die, I spoiled the girls by having all the pieces cut out and ready to assemble.


Too cute!



The last project is a money gift card.  A pretty quick project when you use the Envelope Punch Board.


Paper is from All Is Calm pack.  Greeting is from Merry Everything and punched out with the Note Tag Punch.



Inside you can tuck your money (or gift card/certificate).  The tree is from Festival of Trees and punched out with the coordinating Tree Punch.



Time to get cracking on that gift list!!!


Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments